11:30 AM10 Fall Must-Haves Pieces Style Tips
Style and effortless - they are words that many of us hope our style transmits when we head out the door after carefully assembling pieces together a nearly flawless #OOTD. Making the transition to a new season is never easy - you're still clinging to those good summer vibes - even with a closet filled with the latest must-have fall accessories, shoes and a show-stopping shoes, arsenal women jackets and coats that will keep you warm while still managing to make your proud of style (which takes skill). A quick scroll through insta will certainly give you all inspo you need to make the transition from summer to fall a fairly simple process, but having some basic timeless fashion essentials on hand that can be easily style 100 different ways never hurts either. Below we have curated a list of essentials that go with everything in your closet, banishing wardrobe conundrums an outfit at a time. Scroll for 10 wardrobe staples you will turn to throughout the season, and tips on how to style.
1. Uniqlo Women Heattech High Rise Leggings as Pants ($40): Die-hard fans leggings, rejoice! The tregging is the answer to all your woes midweek style, because, yes, you can finally switch your favorite inspirational training funds outside the studio (without drawing aside the eye, that is) . With their dress-pants style of inspiration, they can easily switch to traditional pants in the office, which means that you can rest easy that you hack away at the long list of things to do. But do not worry: They are enough to start with your favorite son off-the-clock too casual.
Seasonal Styling Tip: Treggings are prime time when it comes to giving out-of-season (or slightly scandalous) pieces a seasonally appropriate edge. Slip ‘em under a mini dress, then toss on a boyfriend blazer, silk scarf and metallic Oxfords for a two-second ensemble that’s ready to work work work work work. (We had to.)
2. Mango Suede Jacket ($190): Hey, Good Lookin '! A classic trench will always see you through, but this luxury suede stunner is sure to earn some additional points of style too. When temperatures begin to dip, bust this instead of your tried-and-true topper denim and proceed to pair with any combinations printed with swingy skirts.
Seasonal Styling Tip: Send fall style into overdrive by tossing this gorgeous belted jacket on with a crew-neck sweater, button-front denim midi skirt and snakeskin-inspired ankle boots for a sophisticated look that will send tongues wagging.
3. Madewell Short Sleeve Tee Dress ($98): With lazy-girl dressing is concerned, shirt dresses are all about. Comfy, stretchy 100% and hassle, they are the cornerstone of endless accoutrements key on-and-go and a savior in the morning when you hit repeat once too.
Seasonal Styling Tip: This breezy knee length dress is a heavy hitter, whether you’re headed to the office or out playing pool on Friday night. Class it up with a patterned tie-front blazer, bold collar necklace and leather mule loafers for a big Monday morning meeting, or keep it real with a shearling denim jacket and embroidered beanie.
4. ASOS Slim Boyfriend White Shirt With Pleat Detail Back ($41): Both on-duty and off, a white button-down shirt is on and off secret weapon of your wardrobe. Go with all that call your home wardrobe, it effortlessly injects an air of sophistication and polish to even the most basic parts.
Seasonal Styling Tip: Step up your style game by upgrading your go-to topper this season with modern detailing and RN allure. For a foolproof off-duty look, style it alongside distressed denim, slip-on loafers, a suede biker jacket and a handful of signature accessories that speak to your personality and style.
5. Madewell Los Feliz Crop Jeans in Collin Wash ($128): There’s nothing quite like a great pair of denim — especially a set that serves as a platform for showing off a killer pair of steppers (ahem, pointed-toe ankle boots). So just in case you needed one more reason to skip the skinny jeans this season, these babies are it.
Seasonal Styling Tip: Reclaim your street-style star status by rocking your favorite weekend pieces alongside these high-waisted cropped flares, then watch as the double taps come rolling in. Style ‘em up with a longline plaid jacket, oversized scarf and quilted chain backpack with endless It-girl appeal.
6. Free People Back to Back Sweater Mini ($168): One word: foolproof. A sweater dress is the sartorial equivalent of your BFF — it brings that forever kind of love to the table. Keeping you cozy, cool and collected, it’ll never let you down. And can we talk about the roll-out-of-bed-and-go factor? Because, yeah — it has that going for it too.
Seasonal Styling Tip: Gray fall days are a major energy suck, so when the cool weather blahs start to settle in, you need an outfit that will take you from lounging on the couch to an impromptu (and so-necessary) karaoke sesh like that. A cable knit sweater and sneakers (which can easily be swapped out for sassy over-the-knee boots at a moment’s notice) are all you need to see you through ’til Sunday.
7. Reformation Eden Top ($58): Is there anything a striped rib knit tee can’t do? That’s what we thought. An arsenal of wear-anywhere long-sleeve tees are to fall what tall maxi dresses and bright bikinis are to summer — non-negotiable. They’re great for layering, but they can certainly hold their own, especially when paired with flirtatious necklines and streamlined shapes.
Seasonal Styling Tip: Do as the French do and pop this scene stealer Breton-striped with a classic biker jacket and pants denim high waist for a whole weekend-ready which is to say "yes" to. Get great on the forehead of accessories for a much needed dose of panache with steppers sock-boot, a circular bag and a velvet collar.
8. Zara Embroidered Jacket ($129): Blazers worked hard to earn their highly coveted title of closet MVP, but that doesn’t mean it’s the only topper that deserves your attention this season. Upgrade your outerwear with understated statement pieces that strike just the right balance of cool and classic, like this eye-catching cropped jacket.
Seasonal Styling Tip: Stuffy office attire? Not on your watch. Infuse your working-girl repertoire with major girlboss vibes by tossing this embroidered outer layer on over a turtleneck dress and strappy Mary Janes. Abstract hoops and go-get-‘em attitude unfortunately not included.
9. Nasty Gal All Tied Up Bodysuit ($48): There’s a reason the bodysuit has made its way back into the mainstream — its versatility is nearly unmatched. Another bonus? The streamlined silhouette perfectly balances out more relaxed pieces, adding a hint of sexiness and downtown appeal to jeans and joggers alike.
Seasonal Styling Tip: Style a lace-up number in a dramatic autumnal hue alongside a flowy midi skirt, shacket and ankle boots for off-duty adventures, or dress it up with jacquard trousers, a tuxedo jacket and glam drop earrings to shake up your GNO style routine.
10. Wilfred Vartan Sweater ($210): No cool-weather wardrobe is complete without at least one snuggly sweater on standby, and this longline stunner certainly takes the cake. With its ultra warm merino wool and oversized cut that’s perfect for layering, it’s form and function all rolled into one — what’s not to love?
Seasonal Styling Tip: When temps take a serious dip, toss it on over a turtleneck sweater, knit skirt and sleek leather boots for a flawless on-the-clock ensemble. For a hint of je ne sais quoi, toss on a set of modern hoops and bold wine-colored lipstick. Come the weekend, team it with a pair of skinny jeans, slip-on sneakers and graphic tees for women, then let the good vibes flow.
|Total comments: 0|